If you’re building a new home or completely renovating an older one, you might want to consider installing foam insulation. Foam insulation is a great choice for your new construction, or for spaces in your home that have been gutted during a renovation. At Standard Insulation Co., we pride ourselves on offering the best in foam insulation to our customers in Syracuse, NY and all throughout the state.
Why is our foam insulation a superior choice? There are several reasons, the foremost being that it can greatly improve the energy efficiency of your home – which means greater comfort and savings on your energy bills. And, compared to other insulations, foam insulation has the highest R-Value available, and it does a great job at eliminating drafts.
Aside from improved energy efficiency, foam insulation provides additional benefits for your Syracuse, NY home that might surprise you:
- Foam insulation defends against conditions causing condensation and mold;
- Foam insulation provides an added level of strength to your build – two to three times;
- Foam insulation can protect your build from exterior and interior water because it’s non-absorbent;
- Foam insulation can help improve indoor air quality because it keeps out pollen, dust and other pollutants.
But even before Standard recommends foam insulation for your Syracuse, NY home, we first make sure it’s the right type of insulation for your situation. One of our highly-trained, BPI certified technicians will conduct the FREE whole home energy audit, which shows how much heat loss you’re experiencing, the areas of your home that are losing the most heat, and any possible safety issues. Using state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, the technician will analyze your home’s potential for savings. After we complete the installation of your home insulation, we’ll follow up with test-out that shows how upgrading has improved your home’s efficiency.
Where is foam insulation used? Foam is a perfect insulation product for both new construction and renovations alike because of its versatility. When it comes in contact with the oxygen in the air, the foam insulation expands to fill any nooks and crannies where there is potential air leakage. The fluid nature of the foam allows it to flow into hard-to-fill areas, filling all of the gaps and making a better seal than other insulation materials.
An airtight and vapor-tight seal is formed as the foam insulation dries. The hard surface creates an impermeable barrier that keeps the heat in during the winter and the cool air in during the summer, offering year-round comfort from the elements while helping keep your energy bills under control at the same time. It also prevents the buildup of moisture, eliminating the potential for mold and mildew growth.
Standard Insulation Co. offers different types of foam insulation to best suit your insulation needs:
- Closed-cell spray foam insulation has an R-value of around 6.7 per inch. Its closed cells offer a built-in air barrier and repel water, allowing it to be used to insulate and waterproof foundations in one application. With a Class 1 fire rating, closed-cell spray foam is commonly used in commercial roofing and insulation systems.
- Open-cell spray foam insulation, is a superior insulation that melds building science technology with design performance. It provides a certified air barrier, saves energy, retards moisture flow, doubles sound resistance and is water-blown. Open-cell spray foam has a Class 1 fire rating, and creates no off gassing (creating an unpleasant, chemical smell that lingers).
- Green foam insulation is an open-cell spray foam that is formulated with renewable or recycled content, using high-yield castor oil material. Castor oil is a natural ingredient that is safe enough to use in personal care items such as lip balm.
We install the following types of home insulation in Syracuse, NY, depending on your specific home style and situation:
If your heating bills are high, yet you’re still uncomfortable in your home, you might want to consider foam insulation. To find out more about improving your home comfort level, saving money on your energy bills, and how Standard can help, call us toll-free at 1-(800) 738-1424 and schedule a FREE home energy audit.